1. War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
2. A man who lives in glass house should change clothes in the basement.
3. A man who scratches his feet should not bite his fingernails.
4. A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.
5. You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.
6. A Wise Man can see more from the bottom of a well than a Fool can see from the top of a mountain.
7. Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand.
8. Whining is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.
9. There are no short cuts to any place worth going.
10. A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
11. A peacock who sits on his tail is just another turkey.
12. He who never made a mistake, never made a discovery.
13. Education makes a graduate, but mistakes make you an expert.
14. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
15. If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.
16. You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom.
17. If you rescue a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
18. In golf, as in life, it is the follow through that makes the difference.
19. The fellow who never makes a mistake takes his orders from one who does.
20. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
21. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Posted by Eddie Snipes at 8:52 AM